Broadview Cooperative Preschool believes that Black Lives Matter, Black Preschool Lives Matter, and we denounce racism in all its forms. To be silent is to be complicit. We will do the work to better understand the deep and enduring impacts of racism and privilege and the actions that Broadview Cooperative Preschool can take to overcome them. We will be humble, listen, and strive to always be better.
Broadview Cooperative Preschool is looking for a caring, creative and enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about cooperative education to lead our 3-5s and PreK classes!
We have indoor and outdoor classroom spaces and we also offer Toddlers and Pre3s classes that culminate in our 3-5s and PreK classes.
We believe that kids learn best during the act of playing freely; Real, unstructured, freely chosen play.
Our North Seattle location has afforded us with exceptional field trip opportunities to Carkeek park and Ida Culver Broadview (an independent and assisted living community).
We trust and empower our kids with the ability to make sense of the world, while learning about themselves, their friends, and the adults working alongside them.
As a cooperative school, our teachers’ role is dual as they provide an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically while also providing the parents with direction and serving as a model for working with young children.
Please review our complete job description:
How to apply
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the following by May 26th to be considered.
- Cover letter
- The names and phone numbers of three professional references
Apply today! Come play with us!
Right now we are living in unprecedented and challenging times. Now more than ever it has become all the more important for us to come together and form a loving community for our children. Even though in this uncertain and ever changing times making decisions is difficult, but we want to assure you all that we are working to build on innovative ways to support your child’s development and fostering relationships and sense of community among co-op families.
While it is still unclear what guidance and restrictions from public health agencies may be in place this fall, we are looking at these different scenarios.
- Stay Home/Phase 1 or 2– Remote learning only
- Phase 3 or 4 with Seattle Public Schools in limited or no in-person school– hybrid with remote and some in-person preschool
- Phase 4 and Seattle Public Schools in normal session – in-person school, with possible remote learning for families who need it
We are closely watching Public Health guidelines and our All School Board is developing site specific details as needed. Broadview Co-op already has in place policies for children who are sick to stay home and hand-washing of parents and children is built into our co-op schedules. As always, the health and safety of your children, yourself and your families will be our highest priority.
Are you ready? For 2020-21 school year, we have openings in all of our classes. Come play with us!
- Toddlers, children who are 1 year old by August 31st
- Pre-3s, children who are 2 years old by August 31st
- 3 to 5s, children who are 3 years old by August 31st
- PreK, children who are 4 years old August 31st
Learn what is means to truly have community – the co-op way. Come co-op with us! Enroll today.
Note, in addition to the monthly tuition installments stated above, parents / caregivers must register quarterly with North Seattle College ($53.25).
This is our big annual fundraiser event that includes games, live music, food truck (Layers Sandwich Co), bake sale, and a silent auction and raffle. The fun is geared towards children age 1 – 8, but all of our community of any age are welcome.
Since our event falls near May the 4th (also known as Star Wars Day), we are bringing the Star Wars with:
- Star Wars Selfie Wall
- Droid Building Craft
- Dress in your favorite Star Wars tees, costume, or cosplay (please no masks or Darth Mauls as they may be scary for our tiny humans)
Proceeds from this event go directly to our scholarship fund to help low income families who attend our much loved co-op.
What should I bring?
- Cash to participate in the festivities (Food truck will accept debit/credit cards)
- Your festival gear, such as blankets to picnic on our grassy lawn, camping chairs, resuable water bottles
- Dress for the weather our event will be outside